The Youngstown Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., a public service
organization, will award scholarships to graduating high school seniors in
Mahoning and Trumbull counties.
REQUIREMENTS, GENERAL INFORMATION & INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
* Be a graduating high school senior in YAC service areas or a current scholarship recipient.
* Plan to enroll in a Bachelor or Associate Degree program at an accredited college or university
as a full-time student or scholarship renewals must be matriculating at a college full-time.
* Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
* Be a student of Black African descent.
* A face-to-face panel interview will be required of all finalists.
* Scholarship awards will be paid upon confirmation of registration in school by Fall 2016-2017.
* Awards are for ONE school year only. A candidate may apply and be awarded a scholarship for no more than two years.
* Applications must be postmarked by Feb. 27.